£8 - £10 per hour
6 days ago
I am currently looking for Support Workers to work within Residential Care homes in the Hedge end area of Southampton supporting Children and Young People with Emotional and Behavioural difficulties. Full and Part time hours available!
Shifts are available on a shift by shift basis meaning you have the flexibility to work on days that suit your circumstances. The rate of pay for these vacancies is £8.00-£10 per hour depending on the shift time.
Main duties for this role will include:
- Supporting the Children and Young People within the home and out within the community
- Assisting with meal preparation
- Encouraging the Children and Young Poeples independence
- Supporting the Children and Young People to learn life skills
- Liaise with outside organisations such as social services or parents/ guardians
- Support the Young People with the transition of moving from the home and reaching their full potential
Benefits for our Support Workers:
- Weekly Payroll
- £250 Refer a friend scheme*
- Dedicated consultant
- Ability to pick up shifts on the days you're available to work
- Access to free care related training
Requirements for our Support Worker vacancies:
- Be proactive and be able to think on your feet
- Be able to communicate confidently
- Some experience working with Children or Young People desired but not essential
- Kind and Caring natured
- Ability to keep calm within challenging situations
- Using thereaputic techniques
If you feel you would be suited to our Support Worker positions or you would like to know more details, please apply for this position or contact me directly.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.