We are looking for COMMITTED and PASSIONATE individuals who will be able to support children and young people in an incredibly REWARDING role.
We are looking for 2 children’s residential support workers to work in a stunning children’s residential service in Rugeley, Staffordshire, for children & young people with autism and behaviours that challenge aged 12 - 19.
***Day shifts only. No Sleeps or nights required!!!!***
Salary: £9.32 per hour (plus £11.65 per hour for all overtime worked!)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Shift Times: 7am - 4pm / 3pm - 10pm (you must be flexible to work both the early and late shifts)
Shift Pattern: 3 week rolling rota including weekends
If you are passionate about the lives of children and young people and want to make a real difference this is the job for you! No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. It is challenging, but incredibly rewarding work!!
- Overtime paid at £11.65 per hour
- No sleep or night shifts
- Opportunity to do the level 4 Children’s Residential qualification - fully funded!
- 33 days annual leave
- Travel Insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gourmet Society Card
- Access to high street discounts and cashback rewards
- Be the young person’s champion and as part of the wider team strive to ensure that they achieve their aspirations and full potential
- Manage the well-being and behaviour of young people ensuring behaviours are addressed promptly and sensitively
- Support young people in daily activities including family contact, attending local clubs, 1:1 activities in the community, promoting independence and social behaviour
- You will be assigned a key child and play a pivotal role in their day to day life including attending reviews and liaising with external agencies and advocating their needs
- Support and encourage educational engagement and attainment including homework and behavioural support within the education setting
- You will provide or assist with personal care and promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Experience in working with children and young people is DESIRABLE but not essential.
- Experience within the care industry is ESSENTIAL
- We can only accept MALE support workers for this role due to the nature of the role
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence is DESIRABLE due to the home not being accessible by public transport
- You must be willing to undertake personal care duties
- You must be resilient due to the challenging behaviour within the service
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the lives of children & young people with autism and challenging behaviour?
This role will provide unrivalled variety, allowing you to really get stuck in and make a difference!
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply" now!