Are you a Children's Residential Support Worker who is looking for a new challenge?
Are you motivated, resilient and determined?
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals who want to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a small, settled and happy home that supports young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
A huge part of the role is joining in and supporting the young people with activities they love; so we are looking for people who enjoy sports / gaming / crafts / baking and being outside! This is an opportunity to get paid to do hobbies you enjoy!
You will be supported to gain vocational qualifications which will help to ensure you can carry out your work to the very highest standard, provide unmatched levels of care, as well enhancing your pay and career progression.
Salary: £18,759 - £26,275 (sleep in allowance included)
Hours: Full time 39hrs
Shift pattern: Flexible
** Due to the responsibilities involved in the role we are only able to consider applicants who have a driving licence and access to a car **
- 28 days annual leave, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled virtual e-training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- No two days are ever the same
- Ability to make a real impact on the lives of young people
As a Children’s Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker in a similar setting is desirable
- Experience of working with young people is essential
- You must be a driver as you will be required to transport the young people from time to time
- You must be over the age of 25
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable
Can you deliver a positive and compassionate approach to care and really make a difference to the lives of young people? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.