£16575 - £18395 per annum + enhancements for bank holidays
8 months ago
Vetro recruitment are seeking committed support workers with a background of working with learning disabilities and challenging behaviours.
This is a full time role based on 37.5 hours per week with the possibility of sleep in shifts as and when required (Up to one per week) This job role is a temporary to permanent position to give you a chance to connect with the service users before committing to a permanent position.
As a support worker you will be expected to work in the home to support 2 adults in all aspects of their daily lives. You will be expected to carry out certain personal care duties along with assistance into the community, meal preparation assistance and emotional support.
You might not have lots of experience yet, but if you are looking to make a real difference to the lives of autistic people, between Vetro Recruitment and our client, we are more than happy to provide you with the correct training to build your career in social care!
The successful candidates will be/ have:
- Patient, inspiring and caring
- Confident working with those with additional needs, autism, learning disabilities and challenging behaviours.
- Happy to undertake personal care needs with dignity of the individual
- Resilient and able to work proactively with challenging behaviour
- Excellent observational skills
- Problem solving and the ability to think creativity
- Individuals who value diversity, health and safety and are committed to safe working practices
- Available for a full time role, working on a shift basis and becoming a permanent member of staff.
- Hold a full UK driving license
Main duties within our Support Worker vacancies:
- Supporting clients within the residential home
- Assisting with meal preparation
- Supporting clients within day groups and social activities
- Assisting with Personal Care
- Encouraging client's independence
- Helping with general housekeeping
- Dealing with challenging behaviours
- Weekly payroll
- £250 Refer a friend scheme
- Dedicated consultant
- Career progression opportunities
- Employer Contribution Pension scheme
- 24-hour access to online training
What happens next:
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply Online". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Please like @Vetrorecruitment for all our latest jobs and industry news"