Are you an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to take on a new exciting role?
About the role
We are currently recruiting for support workers to come and join our friendly service in the Somerset area. We provide quality care and support to adults with learning disabilities and autism. The service is made up of 7 flats and 10 bungalows to promote independence.
The people we support all require different levels of support and their needs vary so the ideal candidate must be willing to do personal care and have manual handling training.
Don’t have manual handling training? No problem! We offer a 1 day manual handling course for a discounted price of £25!
It is a mandatory requirement that all our candidates have this training before they can start work.
Each day will involve enabling the people we support to live their lives to the fullest, whether this is going out in the community to visit friends or family or assisting with every day activities. The people that we support are at the heart of everything we do.
The ideal Applicant
We are looking for highly motivated and resilient individuals to come and join our team of support workers. Experience is not mandatory as we can provide you with full training, you just need to be willing to learn! If you are looking for a challenging yet rewarding role where no day is the same then we would love to hear from you!
Job Type: Temporary Flexible on going work. Part time and Full time work available
Shifts: 07:30-14:30, 14:30-22:00, 22:00-07:00
Pay: Pay rate - £10.29 hourly (inclusive of holiday pay)
- Supporting clients within the supported living units
- Assisting with meal preparation
- Supporting service users with social activities and day groups
- Helping with general housekeeping
- Encouraging independence
- Weekly pay (every Friday)
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPP)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- A comprehensive induction training programme
- Potential for career development within the site and organisation
- Holiday Pay
- Refer a friend scheme
- On going training
- 24 hour support line from vetro nursing
- Immediate starts available
- Block bookings
- Valid DBS uploaded on the update system. (DBS forms can be purchased through our online application)
- Right to work in the UK
- Be willing to do personal care
- Complete the company's mandatory online training courses if you do not have a current certificate for them. These are free of charge to you.
What will you bring to the role?
As a support worker you will need to be caring, empathetic and enthusiastic. You will be comfortable working with challenging behaviours and supporting vulnerable adults to engage in different activities in the community.
What happens next?
If this position sounds of interest and you think you have what it takes to be an excellent Support Worker then we want to hear from you! APPLY NOW!
Take a look at our about us video by clicking on the link below:
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.