Are you ENTHUSIASTIC, RESILIENT , and MOTIVATED? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of young people? Would you love the opportunity to work as a Care Support Worker?
Supporting people in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, you can enable them to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role is challenging but incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor the people, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
We have an INCREDIBLE opportunity for Residential Support Workers to join a FANTASTIC Children’s Residential School in Stourbridge supporting Young People with Autism and complex learning needs. The service boasts a range of facilities in order to promote holistic and therapeutic care to the Young People they support. Enjoy some downtime in the animal farm feeding pigs, chickens and goats!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £17121 - £20026 + sleeps paid at £82.00 p/night
Hours: 40 hours per week
Shift Pattern: 6:45am – 3:15pm (early) 2:45pm – 10:15pm (late) Sleep ins are not mandatory.
As a Care Support Worker, you will be key in helping people with Autism and complex needs. A Care Support Worker is a challenging role, but the rewards are incomparable to any other job. As a Care Support Worker will be working in an environment where the little things that you do every day could have life-changing results. Your ambition for the people you support will help them take steps to fulfilling their potential.
As a Support Worker, you will be expected to work in the home and to support the children & young people in all aspects of their daily lives. You will be expected to carry out certain personal care duties.
The successful candidates will be:
- Patient, inspiring, caring and child-centred nature
- A strong team player, confident and motivated
- Resilient, able to work proactively with challenging behaviour
- Excellent observational skills
- Problem-solving and the ability to think creativity
- Willing and able to provide personal care to individuals
- This job requires individuals who value diversity, health and safety and are committed to safe working practices.
- Previous experience in a Children’s residential setting is essential and experience in working with challenging behaviours.
- Full UK manual driving licence and access to your own vehicle, this is due to the service not being accessible by public transport.
- NVQ Level 3 in Children & Young People is preferred but not essential as there will be an opportunity to obtain the qualification on successful completion of your probationary period.
- All candidates must be of minimum age of 22 due to the needs of the Young People.
- Willingness to provide personal care when required.
- 33 days annual leave
- Opportunities for overtime
- Free car parking
- Excellent induction, training and development programme
- Fully funded opportunity to gain your QCF Level 3 in Residential Childcare
- Discounted Health Cash Plan
- Access to childcare vouchers
- Access to a 24-hour Employee Assistance counselling programme
- Career progression opportunities
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional Behavioural Disorders? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.