£12.27 per hour
02921 660 880
5 months ago
We are actively seeking flexible Mental Health Support Workers to work within a private mental health service based in Weston-Super-Mare. The service provides an emergency admissions and rehabilitation service to males and females along with a specialist service for personality disorders. Set within a quiet, peaceful and therapeutic location the services offered include: psychiatric intensive care, a low secure unit, acute inpatient service and high dependency rehabilitation. The ideal mental health support worker will have a real passion for care and the ability to deliver a high level of therapeutic treatment and rehabilitation to each patient.
The service has 5 wards in total, 4 of which are located in the main building and 1 located just before the main entrance. Each ward is tailored to specific mental health conditions to ensure service users recover and interrogate back into the community as quickly as possible.
Job Type: Flexible temporary ongoing shifts
Shifts: 7:15AM until 8PM / 7:15PM until 8AM
Pay: £12.27 days £12.71 nights hourly inclusive of holiday entitlement
About The Role:
The patients you care for can display high levels of challenging behaviour that some people may find distressing.
Due to this, all staff members are required to have valid restraint training such as MAPA / TMVA / PMVA. If you do not have the required training it is mandatory that you attend our specialist 3 day PMVA training course. This course usually costs £250 or more. We are able to offer this to you at a highly discounted price of £75! (We pay the remainder)
Your role will involve providing specialist care to adults (18+) who have mental health issues to promote recovery and enable them to acquire the skills needed to manage their mental health. You will be required to meet with patients to assess their engagement levels and help ensure risk assessments are up to date to promote their safety.
- Entry into our Golden Ticket to win £1000
- Agency worker of the month
- Excellent rates of pay, weekly pay, and no payroll charges
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs. Shifts scheduled and booked via Shift App
- 24-hour support line from Vetro Nursing and 121 personal relationship with Consultant
- Free online training provided and subsidised practical training ( TMVA )
- 24-hour registration (Online Enhanced DBS)
- Holiday Pay, contributed pension
- Free Uniform
- Valid DBS uploaded on the update system. (DBS forms can be purchased through our online application)
- PMVA / TMVA / MAPA trained (Training can be provided)
- Right to work in the UK
- Complete the company's mandatory online training courses if you do not have a current certificate for them. These are free of charge to you.