If so, we want to hear from you!
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced support worker to come and join our team in Weymouth! Working alongside an experienced support worker together you will work as a team to provide the best possible support to those who need it.
We are currently looking for individuals who have some experience working within a similar role to support a young man in his early 20’s who has autism, tourettes and a sleep disorder. Our client lives in his own home and requires support with daily activities such as prompting with personal care and meals and assisting when going out into the community.
Our client is a lovely young man who really enjoys going out in the community and going for walks. He loves anything to do with Marvel and enjoys baking and arts and crafts activities.
Our client can display very complex and challenging behaviour at times due to his anxiety so ideally we are looking for individuals who have at least 5 months experience within a similar role.
Each week we require you to provide us with your availability to work, we will then offer you shifts that fit in with your availability. We have a substantial amount of work available at the moment and are able to offer you full time or part time work!
Job Type: Flexible on going work
Shifts: Full time and part time work available days/night shifts - sleep ins available
Pay: Pay rate £10.31 hourly inclusive of holiday pay
- Supporting clients within the supported living units
- Assisting with meal preparation
- Supporting service users with social activities and day groups
- Helping with general housekeeping
- Encouraging independence
- Weekly pay (every Friday)
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPP)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- A comprehensive induction training programme
- Potential for career development within the site and organisation
- Holiday Pay
- Refer a friend scheme
- On going training
- 24 hour support line from vetro nursing
- Valid DBS uploaded on the update system. (DBS forms can be purchased through our online application)
- Right to work in the UK
- Complete the company's mandatory online training courses if you do not have a current certificate for them. These are free of charge to you.
What will you bring to the role?
As a support worker you will need to be caring, empathetic and enthusiastic. You will be comfortable working with challenging behaviours and supporting vulnerable adults to engage in different activities in the community.
What happens next?
If this position sounds of interest and you think you have what it takes to be an excellent Support Worker then we want to hear from you! APPLY NOW!
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.