START DATES AVAILABLE FOR 23RD NOVEMBER!!
If you have bags of energy and love to support others, we have a FANTASTIC opportunity for a support worker to join an organisation that supports people to live their fullest, most independent lives. The organisation supports adults with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour in a STUNNING rural setting in Bromyard, Herefordshire.
We are looking for ENTHUSIASTIC and PASSIONATE individuals who can encourage and support the service users with daily tasks. This is a fantastic opportunity to start a career as a support worker as lots of training and ongoing support is provided, but we would also like to receive applications from experienced support workers or carers who have experience of learning disabilities and/or challenging behaviour.
Salary: £18,505 - £20,436
Location: Bromyard, Herefordshire
Permanent 37.5 hour contract (overtime is available!!)
Shift times: Early shifts / Late shifts - 7.30am - 2.30pm / 2pm - 9.30pm
Shift pattern: 7 on 3 off week 1, then 7 on 4 off week 2
- £1000 bonus for completing / having the level 2 in Health & Social Care
- £1500 bonus for completing / having the level 3 in Health & Social Care
- Free food while on shift
- Genuine progression opportunities
- NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Opportunity to complete professional qualifications - FULLY FUNDED!
- Enhanced pay for overtime
- Paid activities such as trips to the farm, horseriding and cinema
- Working as part of supportive team
- Mileage allowance (where applicable)
- Pension scheme
About the Role:
- Support with personal care
- Support with domestic tasks
- Medication assistance
- Support with daily activities such as shopping, mail etc
- Promoting independence and decision making
- Promoting social inclusion and positive engagement in the community
- Supporting service users to access outside activities
- Attending appointments
- Socialising; meals out, day trips, social clubs
As a support worker you will have:
- A positive outlook and enthusiasm for activities
- A flexible approach to work
- Openness to take part in ongoing training for personal development
- Have a commitment to work towards a QCF in Health and Social Care
- Drivers preferred
Can you deliver a positive and compassionate approach to care and really make a difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities?
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click ‘APPLY’ now!!
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.