If you are the type of person who always considers others first, and takes joy in making others happy and safe, then this is the role for you.
Salary: £10.20 per hour / £21,216 per year
Location: Southampton (SO40 postcode)
Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week (overtime opportunities available)
Shift Pattern: 12 hour shifts - mixture of days and nights - you must be able to do both
- Full training and Induction
- Regular coaching and support
- DBS paid
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Health Cash Plan
- Subsidised meals on duty
Responsibilities of a Support Worker:
- Work as part of the Multi-Disciplinary Team to support implementation of the treatments and therapy as per the service users’ care plans.
- Compliment and provide support to the qualified nurses.
- Undertake safe observations of patients sometimes on a 1:1 basis or with other staff.
- Meet the physical and emotional needs of the service users in a caring and empathic manner.
- Play an active role in maintaining physical and mental wellbeing by providing and supporting individual or group work.
- Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in.
- Work within Safeguarding guidelines
- Undertake training in de-escalation and PMVA techniques to support patients with potentially violent or aggressive behaviours towards themselves or others
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
- Resilience, caring and empathic
- The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the patients
- A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- A strong, flexible mental aptitude and an ability to cope with the physical demands of the role
- Flexibility regarding shift patterns and ward changes according to the needs of the hospital
Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.