We are looking for the right person who is engaging, energetic, resilient and proactive to enable the support and development of the children within the home.
Each day is different and can be challenging, but it is very rewarding knowing that you are improving the lives of the young people in your care!!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £20,496.99 – £21,392.14 per annum
Location: Bristol (BS35)
Shift: 42.5 hours a week (including breaks), shift rotation, no nights
- 6.6 weeks paid holiday which includes bank holidays
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
- Perkbox benefits package (exclusive freebies and discounts)
Duties of the Role
- Recording and notifying senior carers of events within the home such as illnesses, accidents and concerns etc.
- Reporting any behaviours or health concerns of the pupils
- Communicating with Team Leaders and House Coordinators on a daily basis.
- Accompany pupils on appoints when required to
- Handling budgets with care to order and purchase food and other household items
- Arrange all leisure activities for the pupils in their spare time
- Keep records of all necessary information
- Liaise effectively with all colleagues
- Handovers to night staff for all pupils
- Manage the pupil's allowances
- All incidents and accidents to be recorded
- Cleaning duties of the home.
- Willing to travel to another home on site
- Weekly team meetings etc
- Working with the pupils to obtain confidence out in the pupil.
- Undertake training
- Do assessments of the pupil's health measurements
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable.
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to transport young people from time to time
- You must promote the welfare and safeguarding of children and young adults in our care.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable.
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now!
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.