Supporting young people in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, you can enable them to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role is challenging but incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
Getting paid to play football, computer games, and going to theme parks is certainly a perk of the job!!
We have an INCREDIBLE opportunity for Children’s Senior Residential Support Workers to join a FANTASTIC Children’s Residential Service in Llanelli, supporting young people between the ages of 10 - 16 who have Emotional & Behavioural Disorders. The service caters for all aspects of their care including their educational needs in their specialist schools.
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £10.09 per hour including holiday pay
Temporary role with opportunity for full time employment.
Hours: Full time shifts based on an ongoing rota (shift pattern is flexible, however, you must be able to do sleep-ins)
Shift pattern: 7.30am – 11pm sleep 7am – 11pm sleep 7am – 8am
About the Role:
You will be joining an established and experienced care team as a Children’s Residential Support Worker. This role is offered on a full-time basis which is inclusive of sleep-ins. You will receive an in-depth induction and training programme upon joining this Children’s Residential Service, and your duties will include:
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age. You will provide support for the children and young people in the home to promote their independence and well-being whilst providing a therapeutic care environment.
- Ensuring the safety of the young people and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the individual’s care plan, guidelines, reward system, and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically, dealing with challenging behaviours when needed, and maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers, and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the home.
- Excellent Rates of pay - weekly pay, and no payroll charges
- 24-hour support line from Vetro Health & Social Care
- On-Going Training
- 121 personal relationship with Consultant
- Agency worker of the month
- Entry into our Golden Ticket to win £1000
- Holiday Pay
- Contributed Pension
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is essential for this role in addition to experience within Residential Services- Preferred
- You must be a car driver with access to your own vehicle as you will be required to transport young people from time-to-time.
- You must be over the age of 21 due to the needs of the Young People
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional Behavioural Disorders? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone