£7.77 - £8.25 per hour
5 months ago
- Are you a car driver looking to enhance the lives of vulnerable adults?
- Would you like a person centred, sociable role where you can meet new people and provide support whilst attending activities and accessing the community?
- Are you looking for a full time role in Gosport?
We are currently seeking a full time support worker to work across two supported living units based in Gosport. You must be a car driver with your own mode of transport, be seeking full time work and be happy to work with adults with learning and physical disabilities. Flexibility is key as the shift pattern is varied.
- Car driver
- Working with adults with physical disabilities, learning difficulties, dementia and autism.
- Working across 2 supported living units both in Gosport
- Working on a shift rota, to include 1 sleep in per week, long and short days, Requirement to work every other weekend.
- Working 37.5 hours per week.
You must be flexible in your working approach to adapt to the needs of the individuals in your care; be able to assist with meal preparation, daily living tasks, medication assistance and all aspects of personal, social and emotional care.
You will have a willing attitude and be able to work as part of a team to encourage and support the service users in order for them to lead ordinary lives in their local communities.
The organisations we recruit for in Gosport pride themselves on helping those within their service to have a louder voice and control in their lives.
As well as competitive pay and job satisfaction you'll also benefit from:
- 30 days' annual leave entitlement, pro-rata, (including bank holidays), rising to a maximum of 35 days
- Pensions, including a money purchase scheme with employee and employer contribution
- Discounts and cashback on high street and online shopping
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme with a 24/7 helpline for advice and support, also available to partners and immediate family
- Recognition and financial bonus every five years through Long Service Awards
- Opportunity to purchase Simply Health, a discounted health and dental cover scheme
- Death in service payment for a nominated beneficiary under Life Assurance
- Bike to work scheme and season ticket loans
- £200 recommend a friend scheme
We currently have a number of roles available additional to the vacancy, so if this role isn't quite what you are looking for please feel free to contact me to discuss our other support worker and care assistant jobs - these range from full and part time work; contracted; permanent as well as adhoc shifts.
The roles are across Portsmouth, Gosport and Fareham. Please feel free to contact me for an informal chat if you feel any of the above is of interest to you.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.