£25000 - £26000 per annum
02921 660 880
5 months ago
We are looking for the right person who is engaged, energetic, resilient and all-around proactive to enable the support and development of the young people with complex social care needs
Whilst supporting the young people of their developments you will also be a role model and have fun if that’s playing football, going out on day trips out and overall progressing their pathway to independence. This will be an opportunity to bond which is very important to the young people and gain their trust!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £25,000 - £26,000 (sleep allowance included)
Location: Plymouth (PL1)
Hours: 9am - 11pm Sleep 7am - then hand over between 9am - 9:30 (you must be able to do 10 sleep ins a month).
Shift pattern: 3-week rolling rota
Week A: Monday/Wednesday/ Saturday
Week B: Tuesday/ Friday/ Sunday
Week C: Thursday
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Opportunity to do the NVQ level 3 Children & Young People qualification - fully funded!
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training from day one.
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- Dealing with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Providing support for the children and young people in the home and promoting their independence and well-being.
- Maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable.
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to transport young people from time to time.
- You must be over the age of 21.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.