We are looking for committed and passionate individuals who will be able to engage with the young people and encourage and mentor them, whilst having a whole lot of fun! Getting paid to play football and going to theme parks is certainly a perk of the job!!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full manual drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £24,082 - 24,800 per year (inclusive of sleep-ins)
Location: Shrewsbury (SY4 Post Code)
Hours: Full time
Shift pattern: 12-24hr sleep-in shifts on a rolling rota (depending on the needs of the home) This includes mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends & bank holidays. You will work 6-8 sleep-in shifts a month.
- Overtime paid at an enhanced rate
- Shift patterns and Rotas to support your work life balance
- Full enhanced children’s and adults DBS paid for
- Full Training provided - 8-day paid intensive induction training course, face to face and online learning to support your development starting immediately
- Guaranteed opportunity to be enrolled onto an QCF Level 5 in Leadership and Management in Residential Childcare
- Free onsite parking, and other benefits available
- Dress, Pension scheme, Car leasing scheme, Rewards full of discounted restaurants and days out for the family!
- Continued support and opportunity for development from your leadership team
As a children Senior residential support worker you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the management to run a successful staff team and all day to day operations of the home
- To assist the management team with the supervisions of junior staff
- Inducting new staff into the homes procedure and culture
- Ensuring the highest standards of care in relation to the young people’s complex trauma
- Be the young person’s champion and as part of the wider team strive to ensure that they achieve their aspirations and full potential
- Assist senior staff with the writing and maintaining of placement and risk management plans
- Support young people in daily act
- NVQ or QCF Level 3 in Children and Young People is ESSENTIAL
- Experience in a residential children's home environment is DESIRABLE
- Full Driving Licence is ESSENTIAL as you may be required to transport the children from time to time
- Applicants must be flexible around working shift patterns including some weekends ESSENTIAL
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now!
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.