£19000 - £21000 per annum + inc. sleeps
Menna Del Jones
7 months ago
Menna Del Williams
CAN YOU BE A POSITIVE ROLE MODEL AND MAKE AN IMPACT ON LIVES OF YOUNG PEOPLE?
ARE YOU AN EXPERIENCED SUPPORT WORKER LOOKING FOR A NEW CHALLENGE IN 2020?
IF "YES" WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
We are currently recruiting expeirenced support workers for our client in Ross-On-Wye, that supports Young People.
Through a creative and caring approach, you will build good relationships with the young people, supporting them to achieve their potential and explore new opportunities and interests. Participation in activities are key tasks for the role, so energy and initiative is vital.
Due to the rural location of the site, it is ESSENTIAL that you have a full licence and a car.
In order to provide continuity for the young people, you remain on site for 24 hours; working a 15 hour shift and then sleeping on site.
Working patterns are typically;
Week 1 - 2 x 15 hour shifts + sleeps
Week 2 - 2 x 15 hour shifts + sleeps
Week 3 - 3 x 15 hour shifts + sleeps
There is an opportunity for overtime if desired.
Level 3 Residential Childcare qualification is highly desirable
Successful applicants will ideally have some previous experience of working with young people with challenging behaviour.
HOWEVER, life experience is invaluable - if you have had to overcome challenges in your own life, you become relatable to the young people. The practical advice and support you would be able to provide from having "been there" yourself would be fantastic.
As a Support Worker, you'll be doing the following:
- Be the young person's champion and as part of the wider team strive to ensure that they achieve their aspirations and full potential
- Manage the well-being and behaviour of young people ensuring behaviour are addressed promptly and sensitively
- Support young people in daily activities including family contact, attending local clubs, 1:1 activities in the community, promoting independence and social behaviour
- You will be assigned a key child and play a pivotal role in their day to day life including attending reviews and liaising with external agencies and advocating their needs
- Support and encourage educational engagement and attainment including homework and behavioural support within the education setting
- Working as a team you will ensure the home is kept to a good standard in all aspects of house-keeping.
To be considered for this role, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.