£8.15 - £8.50 per hour
about 1 month ago
Vetro Recruitment are looking for a compassionate Support Worker to assist within a supported living unit for 5 adults with complex needs in Southsea- Portsmouth. The clients needs range from learning disabilities, down syndrome, and emotional and sometimes challenging behaviours.
Your role will be to support the individuals with their day to day lives. This includes accessing the community, moderate to full personal care duties (depending on the client you are working with) financial assistance and emotional support.
You will be assisting the adults with meal preparations and meal times along with their general daily routines.
This role is based on 37.5 hours per week and the shifts can range from 7am-2.30pm or 2.30-10pm. Full days may also be required. No sleep in duties or waking nights required for this role.
Ideally you will have a minimum of 6 months experience of working within a similar setting, however full training can be provided for this role.
In return the client can offer a number of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 30 days annual leave entitlement, rising to 35 days
- Pensions, including a money purchase scheme with employee and employer contribution
- An occupational sick pay scheme
- 10% enhancement for working overtime
- Paid training with financial bonuses for completion of awards and diplomas
- Discounts and cash back on shopping worth £500 a year
- £200 bonus for recommending a friend to work if they're employed
- You may also benefit from childcare vouchers, a 50% contribution to the cost of learning to drive, work mobile phone, bike to work scheme, season ticket loans, and more.
Offers are subject to reference checks along with a full enhanced DBS check. If you have an online portable DBS, no new check will be required.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.