*FULL OR PART TIME, TEMPO to PERM*
*TRANSFERABLE CARE EXPERIENCE CONSIDERED*
Do you have a desire to make a difference to the quality of someone’s life?. Are you interested in supporting people with Learning Disability and Mental Health Problems, helping them lead a more fulfilled and independent life?. Are you enthusiastic, resilient and driven to want to help these individuals?. If the answer is yes then please read on.
Set in rural Taunton and in amongst farmland with acres of peaceful fields, where service users are able to walk and take in the tranquil surroundings. The hospital provides specialist inpatient services for older adults with mental health problems and for men diagnosed with a learning disability. The hospital also provides an acute inpatient admissions service for men over the age of 18.
It consists of 56 bedrooms with 4 specialist wards
Job Type: Immediate start, full time and part time work available ongoing
Shifts: 7:30AM until 8PM and/or 7:30PM until 8AM
Pay: £12.27 for days and £12.71 for nights per hour inclusive of holiday entitlement
About the role:
Your role will involve providing specialist care to adults who have mental health and learning difficulties to promote recovery and enable them to acquire the skills needed to manage their difficulties. You will be required to meet with patients to assess their engagement levels and help ensure risk assessments are up to date to promote their safety.
Your day will consist of:
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment.
- Providing encouragement and guidance through emotional and physical support.
- Gaining knowledge of individuals specific needs and provide support in the most appropriate way.
- Caring with a flexible learning approach for everyone you care for.
- Assisting with and reporting on individuals medical and welfare needs.
- Entry into our quarterly Golden Ticket draw to win £500
- Agency worker of the month
- Excellent rates of pay, weekly pay, and no payroll/umbrella charges
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs. Shifts scheduled and booked via Shift App or with Consultat
- 24-hour support line from Vetro Nursing and 121 personal relationship with Consultant
- Free online training provided and subsidised practical training ( TMVA/PMVA)
- 24-hour registration (Online Enhanced DBS)
- Holiday Pay, contributed pension
- Free Uniform where required