£16500 - £17500 per annum + enhancements for bank holidays,Pensions
5 months ago
Are you an experienced Support Worker who wants to make a difference in the lives of Adults with Learning Disabilities?
Are you looking for a job where you can work full time hours and progress into a guaranteed permanent position?
Are you a car driver and willing to drive the services own car, able to work within Fareham?
Are you looking to work within a growing company who can offer you the option of progression and long term career development?
As a support worker you will be expected to work in the home to support in all aspects of the daily lives of the individuals. this job will require you to carry out certain personal care duties and develop strong, trusting relationships with the clients you are supporting in your job role. You may have a personal connection, a quite simply a desire to work with or real life experiences working with autistic people. You might not have lots of experience yet, but if you are willing to make a difference to the lives of autistic people, this could be the career for you!
The successful candidates will be:
- PROACT SCIPr trained or willing to undertake training(behaviour support)
- Patient, inspiring and caring
- confident working with those with additional needs, autism, learning disabilities and challenging behaviours.
- Happy to undertake personal care needs with dignity of the individual
- Resilient, able to work proactively with challenging behaviour
- Excellent observational skills
- Problem solving and the ability to think creativity
- Willing and able to provide personal care to individuals
- Individuals who value diversity, health and safety and are committed to safe working practices
- Available for a full time role, working on a shift basis and becoming a permanent member of staff.
- A car driver
Generous enhancements for Bank holidays.
Main duties within our Support Worker vacancies:
- Supporting clients within the residential home
- Assisting with meal preparation
- Supporting clients within day groups and social activities
- Assisting with Personal Care
- Encouraging client's independence
- Helping with general housekeeping
- dealing with challenging behaviours
- Weekly payroll
- £250 Refer a friend scheme
- Dedicated consultant
- Career progression opportunities
- Employer Contribution Pension scheme
- 24-hour access to online training
If you feel you have the skills and experience suited to this role please apply or feel free to give me a call for more information or an informal chat about this or other roles we have Faye Stovell - 02382 123355.
We currently have a number of roles available additional to the vacancy also .. so if this role isn't quite what you are looking for please feel free to contact me to discuss our other support workers and care assistance jobs - these range from full and part time work; contracted; permanent as well as adhoc shifts. The roles are across Portsmouth, Gosport and Fareham, Eastleigh and Southampton. Please feel free to contact me for an informal chat if you feel any of the above is of interest to you.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
please like @Vetrorecruitment for all our latest jobs and industry news