£8.21 - £9.15 per hour + enhancements for bank holidays,
8 months ago
Salary: £8.21 - £9.15 / hour.
Hours: flexible, adhoc hours. Full time and Part time hours initially
Location: Cosham and also Central Portsmouth
As a support worker you will be expected to work in the home to support in all aspects of the daily lives of the individuals. You will be expected to carry out certain personal care duties. You may have a personal connection, a quite simply a desire to work with or real life experiences working with autistic people. You might not have lots of experience yet, but if you are willing to make a difference to the lives of autistic people, this could be the career for you!
The successful candidates will be:
- Patient, inspiring and caring
- A strong team player, confident and motivated
- Resilient, able to work proactively with challenging behaviour
- Excellent observational skills
- Problem solving and the ability to think creativity
- Willing and able to provide personal care to individuals
- Individuals who value diversity, health and safety and are committed to safe working practices
The organisation believes in supporting people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs to lead ordinary lives in their local communities. They pride themselves in helping people with learning disabilities and autism to have a louder voice and control in their lives.
Our clients work closely with the vulnerable adults, their parents, carers and professionals to complete and deliver tailored care plans to ensure each service user reaches their full potential.
Main duties within our Support Worker vacancies:
- Supporting clients within the residential home
- Assisting with meal preparation
- Supporting clients within day groups and social activities
- Assisting with Personal Care
- Encouraging client's independence
- Helping with general housekeeping
- Weekly payroll
- £250 Refer a friend scheme
- Dedicated consultant
- Career progression opportunities
- Employer Contribution Pension scheme
- 24-hour access to online training
We currently have a number of roles available additional to the vacancy also .. so if this role isn't quite what you are looking for please feel free to contact me to discuss our other support workers and care assistance jobs - these range from full and part time work; contracted; permanent as well as adhoc shifts. The roles are across Southampton, Eastleigh, Portsmouth, Gosport and Fareham.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.