Totton and Eling, Hampshire
£8.21 - £8.50 per hour + enhancements for bank holidays,
8 months ago
Our client - a supported living unit based in Totton, Southampton, is currently seeking a full time, permanent support worker to come and join their small, friendly team. This role is working with adults with challenging behaviours and learning difficulties and involves working 37.5 hours per week, paying £8.25 / hour. If you have experience as a support worker and are looking for a new full time job we would love to hear from you.
Our client is offering a number of practical free training courses to support your development within this role before you even start - to include; restraint training and medication.
As a full time support worker you will be expected to work in the supported living unit to support in all aspects of the daily lives of the individuals. this job will require you to carry out certain personal care duties and develop strong, trusting relationships with the clients you are supporting in your job role. You will need to be comfortable working with individuals with challenging and sometimes unpredictable behaviours.
The successful candidates will be:
- PROACT SCIPr trained or willing to undertake training(behaviour support)
- Buccal Midazolam training will be provided.
- Patient, inspiring and caring
- confident working with those with additional needs, autism, learning disabilities and challenging behaviours.
- Happy to undertake personal care needs with dignity of the individual
- Resilient, able to work proactively with challenging behaviour
- Problem solving and the ability to think creativity
- Willing and able to provide personal care to individuals
- Individuals who value diversity, health and safety and are committed to safe working practices
- Available for a full time role, working on a shift basis and becoming a permanent member of staff.
- A car driver is preferable
Main duties within our Support Worker vacancies:
- Supporting clients within the 6 bed supported living unit on the night duty shift.
- Accurate record keeping
- Medication assistance
- Assisting with Personal Care
- Maintaining professional attitude at all times
- Encouraging client's independence
- Helping with general housekeeping
- dealing with challenging behaviours
- £250 Refer a friend scheme
- Dedicated consultant
- Career progression opportunities
- Employer Contribution Pension scheme
- 24-hour access to online training
If you feel you have the skills and experience suited to this role please apply or feel free to give me a call for more information or an informal chat about this or other roles we have Faye Stovell - 07469854010.
There is also a number of bank and part time hours including days and waking nights available in this unit if you would be looking for overtime.
We currently have a number of roles available additional to the vacancy also .. so if this role isn't quite what you are looking for please feel free to contact me to discuss our other support workers and care assistance jobs - these range from full and part time work; contracted; permanent as well as adhoc shifts. The roles are across Southampton, Portsmouth, Gosport and Fareham, Eastleigh and Hayling Island. Please feel free to contact me for an informal chat if you feel any of the above is of interest to you.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
please like @Vetrorecruitment for all our latest jobs and industry news