£8.25 - £8.50 per hour + enhancements for bank holidays,
2 months ago
An opportunity to work as support worker within a supported living unit for adults with challenging behaviours and learning difficulties has become available. This role is based in Fareham, Paying £8.25 - £8.50 hour. This is a full time, permanent position. Working 37.5 hours per week. Overtime is available if you would like additonal hours.
We are currently seeking a full time support worker to work within a supported living unit based in Fareham. This position is primarily to support one male service user on a one to one support basis within the 4 bed supported living home. However there will be occasions when you will work across the whole service, supporting each residents needs and aiding with all aspects of their daily lives. The job requires you be to hold a UK diving licence and be happy taking the service user out in the community - driving the clients mobility vehicle.
This job requires someone able to work a variety of early, late shifts and long days on occasions. There are sleep in requirements and every other weekend work. Please only apply if you can commit to a 2 week rolling rota of shifts that could start at 7am if you're on an early, and finish at 10pm if you are on a late.
- If you have experience working one to one with service users with complex and challenging needs this would be advantageous.
- PROACT SKIPr training would be advantageous, however full training will be given to the successful candidate.
- Knowledge or training within prader-wlli syndrome (PWS) and diabetes would also be beneficial.
- You must be a car driver and happy to drive the service users mobility transport.
- Have experience working with vulnerable adults with varying levels of needs to include; epilepsy, dementia, learning disabilities, autism, complex needs, physical needs and challenging behaviours.
- Be looking for a full time position and able to work on a shift based rota, which includes every other weekend work, sleep in's, and a mixture of early and late shifts (7am til 2pm, 2.30pm til 10pm)
- Flexibility is key as the shift pattern is varied. You will be working as part of team within this unit, rather than lone work.
If you have a portable DBS registered on the update service please mention this when you apply as this will speed up your application and potential start date should you be successful.
You must be flexible in your working approach to adapt to the needs of the individuals in your care; be able to assist with meal preparation, daily living tasks, medication assistance and all aspects of personal, social and emotional care. There is very little manual handling required in this role. You will have a willing attitude and be able to work as part of a team to encourage and support the service users in order for them to lead ordinary lives in their local communities.
If you feel you have the skills and experience suited to this role please apply or give me a call directly for more information. Faye Stovell - 07469854010.
We currently have a number of roles available additional to the vacancy also .. so if this role isn't quite what you are looking for please feel free to contact me to discuss our other support workers and care assistance jobs - these range from full and part time work; contracted; permanent as well as adhoc shifts. The roles are across Portsmouth, Gosport and Fareham, Eastleigh and Southampton. Please feel free to contact me for an informal chat if you feel any of the above is of interest to you.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
please like @Vetrorecruitment for all our latest jobs and industry news