Hayling Island, Hampshire
£8.21 - £9.15 per hour + bank holiday enhancements,
about 1 year ago
An exciting opportunity for a support worker to enhance the lives of adults with learning disabilities in Hayling Island, Portsmouth. Pay between £8.21 to £9.25 / hour. Are you looking to be part of a small, friendly and supportive team, working within a small supported living unit. This is a permanent full time support worker job, working 37.5 hours per week.
This position requires you to be a car driver as you will be expected to use the house company car.
We are currently seeking two full time support worker to work within a supported living unit based in Hayling Island, Portsmouth. This position includes working with 3 adult service users who require assistance in all aspects of their daily lives. This include working in the supported living unit and support within the community. This job involves working a mixture or early and late shifts, 2 sleep in's per week and every other weekend work.
- You must be a car driver and happy to drive the service users mobility transport.
- Have experience working with vulnerable adults with varying levels of needs to include; epilepsy, dementia, learning disabilities, autism, complex needs, physical needs and challenging behaviours.
- Be looking for a full time position and able to work on a shift based rota, which includes every other weekend work, 2 sleep in's per week, and a mixture of early and late shifts (7am til 2pm, 2.30pm til 10pm)
- Flexibility is key as the shift pattern is varied. You will be working as part of team within this unit, rather than lone work.
- If you have a portable DBS registered on the update service please mention this when you apply as this will speed up your application and potential start date should you be successful.
- You must be flexible in your working approach to adapt to the needs of the individuals in your care; be able to assist with meal preparation, daily living tasks, medication assistance and all aspects of personal, social and emotional care. There is very little manual handling required in this role. You will have a willing attitude and be able to work as part of a team to encourage and support the service users in order for them to lead ordinary lives in their local communities.
If you feel you have the skills and experience suited to this role please apply or give me a call directly for more information. Faye Stovell - 07469854010.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
please like @Vetrorecruitment for all our latest jobs and industry news