Do you want a full time permanent job where you can really make the difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities? No 2 days are the same and getting paid to go to the Cinema and the Zoo are certainly perks of the job!!
I am recruiting for a number of CARING and PASSIONATE Support Workers to join a STUNNING Residential Service for Adults with Learning Disabilities and complex needs. The service, which is centrally located in Dolgellau, and is easily accessible from Barmouth supports 15 adults aged between 18 - 65 and is also home to a number of pets, including goats, rabbits, guinea pigs, and even a sheep!
Working under the leadership of a Welsh AWARD WINNING Manager, you will join an experienced, supportive and sociable staff team who put the service users at the heart of everything they do. The service is looking for candidates with a caring nature and the ability to have fun and engage with the people they support.
Hours: Full Time Day Contract - 42 hours per week (part time contracts are also available)
Shifts: 8.15am - 8.30pm
Shift Pattern: As a full time staff member you will be expected to work 7 shifts every 14 day, including one full weekend, however shifts can be flexible to suit you!!
Benefits of the Support Worker role:
- Getting paid to go on holiday to Florida, go to the Zoo and the Cinema amongst many other activities!!
- Genuine progression opportunities
- NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- DBS & Social Care Wales Registration paid for
- Opportunity to complete professional qualifications - FULLY FUNDED!
- Flexible working hours
- Dedicated induction programme with your line manager
- Recognition schemes, such as Employee and Team of the Month
- Long Service Awards
- Employee Wellbeing & Support Programme
- Staff incentive schemes such as Refer a Friend
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Employee Discounts Portal
- Auto-enrollment Pension Scheme
- Range of bespoke training to equip staff with the skills needed to work with people with various complex needs
- Professional and recognised Health and Social Care development opportunities
As a Support Worker you will be responsible for the following:
- Encouraging independence and supporting individuals to make their own choices.
- Ensuring the safety of the service users.
- Following care plans for each individual.
- Taking service users out into the community.
- Participating in activities such as arts, crafts, gardening and day trips.
- Varying levels of personal care.
- No experience required.
- Must be resilient.
- Drivers preferred.
- Minimal personal care involved.
Can you provide the best specialist support to the people within this service whilst inspiring them to live happy, healthy and meaningful lives whilst having a whole lot of fun?
This is the role for you...Click APPLY today for an opportunity to start your career path in social care and I will be in touch!
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.