New Milton, Hampshire
Up to £8.50 per hour + overtime available
3 months ago
Our client; a small supported living unit for adults with learning difficulties and challenging behaviours in New Milton, are looking day support workers and a waking night support worker to join their small, friendly team on a full time basis. Our client has 6 self contained flats within one building that require support worker to cover a variety of regular full time hours in a permanent position. This job is paying £8.50 hour.
This supported living home provides thorough ongoing training and support and believes in developing staff on an ongoing basis to aid strong personal career development. They are passionate about creating a family feel in their home to support the 6 residents that they accommodate full time.
The day support worker position requires someone who is able to work 37.5 hours per week to include a mixture of early and late shifts (7am til 2pm, 2,30pm til 10pm) Every other weekend work will be required. There are no sleep in shifts required as part of this job. You will work on a 2 week rolling rota.
The waking night position will require someone to work on average 37.5 hours per week with one week you working 3 nights and the next week working 4 nights.
Please only apply if you are able to work a mixture of early and late shifts, or are seeking a night position.
This organisation is looking for support workers who has passionate about supporting with those with challenging and sometime unpredictable behaviours. The service users are not violent but can be challenging in their behaviours. You may only have a small amount of experience in the sector or just a passion with no experience but with the right attitude our client can provide all the training you need to work comfortably in this role.
If you would like to hear more about this role please feel free to call Faye on 07469854010 for an informal chat or apply below.
Main duties within our Support Worker vacancies:
- Working a variety of shifts including early and lates and waking nights if this is something preferred.
- Supporting clients within a supported living unit in New Milton.
- Assisting with meal preparation
- Supporting clients within day groups and social activities
- Assisting with Personal Care
- Encouraging client's independence
- Helping with general housekeeping
- Dealing with challenging behaviours
- Meal preparation
- Manual handing will be required for some residents.
- Working a mixture of early and late shifts, weekend and waking night work are also available.
- No sleep in's are required.
- Clear career progression
- Reputable, well known company
- £250 Refer a friend scheme
- Dedicated consultant
- Career progression opportunities
- Employer Contribution Pension scheme
- 24-hour access to online training
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply Online". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.