£8.21 - £8.70 per annum + Depending on experience
about 1 month ago
- Are you looking for a full time, permanent vacancy in the Southampton area?
- Are you passionate about supporting adults with additional needs to live as independently as possible?
Vetro Recruitment are looking for committed support workers for a full time, permanent role in the Shirley area of Southampton.
This role is based on a contract of 40 hours per week. Shifts are mainly based on 8am-8pm shifts are run from Monday- Sunday. No night duties are required for this role.
This role offers a salary of £16,473 - £17,077 per annum
You will be:
- Committed to caring and supporting individuals with additional needs,
- Confident in interacting with service users and the staffing team to ensure the safety and well being of the residents
- An honest and reliable person who is looking to enhance the lives of others.
- Confident in support clients into the community
- Previous experience and or qualifications would be advantageous but not mandatory
- Assisting clients within the Supported living unit with their daily tasks and routines
- Providing emotional support as and when required
- Assisting with access into the community
- Prompting with personal hygiene tasks
- Liaising with relatives, Care Managers and other professionals in consultation with the Manager of the home.
- To ensure that the agreed psychology guidelines for each service user are followed in conjunction with the Management team
- To contribute to the preparation of reports and participate in service users' reviews as required.
- To supervise and share mealtimes with service users, to encourage a positive attitude towards food and appropriate behaviour at mealtimes.
- To assist in the delivery of day care opportunities, following individual activity programmes
- To use initiative in creating and delivery of appropriate leisure opportunities for service users.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.