Up to £7.83 per hour
2 months ago
Are you a Support Worker who wants to make a real difference to the lives of Adults with Autism in a lovely working environment? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
- Locations:Swansea, Ammanford, Kidwelly, Neath Port Talbot, Dryslwyn and Llandeilo
- Shifts: A variety of shifts and hours available
- Pay:£7.83 per hour (£55 per sleep-in with top up)
The organisation provides a variety of support services for adults aged 18 to 64 years old with Learning Disabilities, Autism and other complex needs. They have six residential houses in the Ammanford area.
Services vary from a 6-bedded house supporting adults with Autism and Learning Disabilities to a mansion and cottages which support 20 adults with Learning Disabilities, Mental Health, Epilepsy and Fragile X Syndrome. The houses are set in beautiful areas with a lot of space and activities available to service users. Games, arts, crafts and music, as well as trips in to the community, keep them as active as possible. One of the services has a lovely summer house and even has fishing rights to the river where service users can catch fresh salmon.
There are a variety of contracts available across the locations.
As a Support Worker you will be responsible for the following;
- Giving individuals the chance to lead a full life instead of isolation or family dependence.
- Giving people with autism the confidence and skills to live well, enjoy activities that others take for granted.
- Creating and encouraging good relationships and communication with the people who use the service.
- Ensuring the safety of the service users and maintaining an up to date knowledge of each individual's care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Assisting people who use the service to get involved in a range of new opportunities, experiences and activities.
- Varying levels of support required with personal care.
- Supporting in situations with taxing behaviours in a safe and sympathetic way.
- Applications welcome from those with or without experience of the Care sector
- Car drivers preferred
- Full training provided via the client
- The opportunity to complete a Health & Social Care qualification
- A lovely working environment and supporting team
- Full induction
- Continuous professional development and progression opportunities
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.