£8.21 - £9.15 per hour
5 months ago
This job requires support workers who are experienced working with challenging individuals and who are resilient and able to deal with challenging and unpredictable situations.
Full training will be given however you will be to be confident in defusing challenging situations.
The hours are flexible and you are able to see the rota 6 weeks ahead and commit to the hours you wish to take. However you will need to be committed to taking a regular amount of hours and be happy to work a mixture of early, late shifts, some sleep in duties and some weekends. We are looking at recruiting 3 support workers so there is flexibility between staff to cover the support package each week.
If you feel you have the skills and experience suited for this position please apply directly to this advert, alternatively feel free to give Faye a call directly for more information - 07469854010.
Please note: all jobs are subject to an enhanced dbs check at the cost of £51 along with a thorough vetting process.
Main duties within our Support Worker vacancies:
- Supporting a male service users with complex needs, extreme challenging behaviours, learning difficulties with all aspects of support
- Assisting out in the community - car driver essential
- Supporting client with all aspects of care including personal care duties.
- Being able to manage challenging behaviours and use the training given to keep yourself and the client safe.
- Helping with general housekeeping
- Medication prompting
- Strong communication skills
- Weekly payroll
- Flexible hours you can work around other commitments.
- Up to £250 Refer a friend scheme
- Dedicated consultant
- Career progression opportunities
- Employer Contribution Pension scheme
- 24-hour access to FREE online training
- Flexible shifts - weekdays, evenings and weekends
You will have a willing attitude and be able to work as part of a team to encourage and support the service users in order for them to lead ordinary lives in their local communities.
The organisations we are recruiting for in Portsmouth pride themselves on helping those within their service to have a louder voice and control in their lives. We need staff who will share this vision!
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
please like @Vetrorecruitment for all our latest jobs and industry news