£8.35 - £8.50 per hour
24 days ago
Our client is seeking 2 support workers to work within a small and friendly supported living home based in Fareham. The job requires a support worker who is comfortable working with adults with learning and physical disabilities, who is a car driver. This full time, permanent job has excellent career progession and training opportunities and is paying £8.35 / hour.
You will have experience working with adult with learning and physical difficulties and be comfirtable with some challenging behaviours. As a support worker you will have experience supporting service users in all aspects of care, to include personal care duties. Our client is looking for support workers who are willing to undertake proact SCIPr training (behaviour support) or already have training in this.
Our client is seeking individuals who are able to work full time hours 37.5 hours per week, this will include a mixture of early and late shifts - 7am til 2pm, 2-10pm and one sleep in per week. You will also need to work alternate weekends,
This is a guaranteed full time position. starting as soon as your dbs, reference and compliance checks are complete.
- If you have experience working one to one with service users with complex and challenging needs this would be advantageous.
- PROACT SKIPr training would be advantageous, however full training will be given to the successful candidate.
- Knowledge or training within prader-wlli syndrome (PWS) and diabetes would also be beneficial.
- You must be a car driver and happy to drive the service users mobility transport.
- Have experience working with vulnerable adults with varying levels of needs to include; epilepsy, dementia, learning disabilities, autism, complex needs, physical needs and challenging behaviours.
- Be looking for a full time position and able to work on a shift based rota, which includes every other weekend work, sleep in's, and a mixture of early and late shifts (7am til 2pm, 2.30pm til 10pm)
- Flexibility is key as the shift pattern is varied. You will be working as part of team within this unit, rather than lone work.
You must be flexible in your working approach to adapt to the needs of the individuals in your care; be able to assist with meal preparation, daily living tasks, medication assistance and all aspects of personal, social and emotional care. There is very little manual handling required in this role. You will have a willing attitude and be able to work as part of a team to encourage and support the service users in order for them to lead ordinary lives in their local communities.
If you feel you have the skills and experience suited to this role please apply or give me a call directly for more information. Faye Stovell - 07469854010.
We currently have a number of roles available additional to the vacancy also .. so if this role isn't quite what you are looking for please feel free to contact me to discuss our other support workers and care assistance jobs - these range from full and part time work; contracted; permanent as well as adhoc shifts. The roles are across Portsmouth, Gosport and Fareham, Eastleigh and Southampton. Please feel free to contact me for an informal chat if you feel any of the above is of interest to you.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
please like @Vetrorecruitment for all our latest jobs and industry news