Up to £8.35 per annum
9 months ago
Vetro Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a committed candidate, looking to enhance the lives of vulnerable adults!!
We are seeking a Support Worker for a full-time position in the Botley area of Southampton. Experience within the social care sector would be advantageous, however full training can be provided.
This role is 37.5 hours a week across Monday- Sunday. Your week will also include 1 sleep in duty. Shift times may vary but are based on early shifts of 7am-2.30pm and late shifts 2.30-10pm. The hourly rate for this role is based on £8.35. Lon day shifts from 7am-9.30pm are also available.
Your role will be assisting with the support for up to 6 adults with additional learning and health needs within their supported living home and out in the community.
Due to the needs of the residents, some challenging behaviours may be present however these are classed as mild and verbal only. Due to the location of the home, Car drivers are preferred, however not mandatory if local.
Duties will include:
-Prompting and assisting where required with hygiene care
-Supporting with meal preparations
-Supporting and ensuring the safety of clients whilst out in the community
- Accompanying residents to lunch trips, the bank, coffee outings and to day services where required.
- Assisting with de-escalation of any behaviours that may show
-Providing physical and emotional support
- Competitive salary
- 30 days annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays), rising to 35 days
- Pensions, including a money purchase scheme with employee and employer contributions.
- An occupational sick pay scheme
- The opportunity of flexible working
- 10% enhancement for working overtime
- Sleep-in payments of £30.50 available in addition to basic pay. If applicable, top-up payments will be awarded to meet National Minimum Wage obligations
- Paid training with financial bonuses for completion of awards and diplomas
- Discounts and cash back on shopping worth £500 a year
- You may also benefit from childcare vouchers, a 50% contribution to the cost of learning to drive, work mobile phone, the clients' bike to work scheme, season ticket loans, and more
- The client provides a thorough induction and training programme when you join them
- They will pay for and support you to complete the Care Certificate, a requirement for people working in the health and social care sector
- Free, ongoing access to a huge range of training and support to help you develop
What happens next:
If this position sounds of interest, please apply now. One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail.
- Roles are subject to an enhanced DBS check unless you hold a current DBS on the update service.
- Roles are also subject to satisfactory references being received
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.