£16470 - £18000 per annum + + Benefits!
8 months ago
- Are you looking for a full time, permanent vacancy in the Southampton area?
- Are you passionate about supporting adults with additional needs to live as independently as possible?
Vetro Recruitment is looking for committed support workers for a full-time permanent job role in the Shirley area of Southampton.
This job is based on a contract of 40 hours per week. Shifts are mainly based on 8am-8pm and support is needed across Monday- Sunday.
No night duties are required for this role.
This role offers a salary of £16,473 - £18,000 per annum
This role is working within a supported living unit for 9 adults with additional needs. Each adult has their own self contained flat within a company-owned building. The resident's rooms come with en-suite kitchen and bathroom facilities, to assist you in supporting them with independence skills such as cooking and meal preparations. This position requires providing assistance/ prompting with personal hygiene duties rather than full care needs.
Your role will be:
- Committing to caring and supporting individuals with additional needs
- To be confident in interacting with service users and the staffing team to ensure the safety and well being of the residents
- Being an honest and reliable person who is looking to enhance the lives of others.
- Having confidence in support clients into the community
- Previous experience and or qualifications would be advantageous
- Assisting clients within the Supported living unit with their daily tasks and routines
- Providing emotional support as and when required
- Assisting with access into the community
- Prompting with personal hygiene tasks
- Liaising with relatives, Care Managers and other professionals in consultation with the Manager of the home.
- To ensure that the agreed psychology guidelines for each service user are followed in conjunction with the Management team
- To contribute to the preparation of reports and participate in service users' reviews as required.
- To supervise and share mealtimes with service users, to encourage a positive attitude towards food and appropriate behaviour at mealtimes.
- To assist in the delivery of daycare opportunities, following individual activity programmes
- To use initiative in creating and delivery of appropriate leisure opportunities for service users.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Support worker looking to progress within a supportive team. You will need to be available for work across Monday- Sunday. This is based on every other weekend work.
Training and an induction package is provided for this job. If you are committed to the care of adults with additional needs, we want to hear from you!
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experiencehelping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £16,473.00 to £18,000.00 /year