£20257 - £24047 per annum + great employee benefits
8 months ago
Are you looking for a fresh challenge in care? Where YOU are actively involved in shaping a new residential environment?
... Vetro Recruitment are working alongside a leading care organisation specialising in high quality residential and educational provisions for children and young people specialising in social, emotional and mental health needs / or Autism. Due to continued growth and success there is a new provision opening in Okehampton later in the year to support the organisations educational setting situated within the West Devon area. With this exciting new developments on the horizon we are looking for both Senior Support Workers & Residential Support Workers to join a NEW team.
[- note. Initially the posts may be based within existing services across the area to allow for induction, training and familiarisation of the organisation]
As part of the new Support team YOU will be a responsible for providing high standards of person-centred support and care to Children and Young People. Through a creative and caring approach, you will build good relationships with both service users and their families. Assisting and guiding individuals the planning of goals and in teaching life skills. Both personal care and participation in activities are key tasks for the role, so enthusiasm and plenty of energy is vital for the role!
What qualifications do YOU need?
- A Level 3 Diploma in Children or Young People's Workforce (Senior) or willingness to undertake this qualification within a robust timescale
- To have previous experience in care setting, particularly working with Special Education Needs or residential child care
- To be calm under pressure, an excellent communicator and be able to offer a high degree of flexibility
- Flexibility and resilience to respond to the changing needs of those supported
- Motivated with a "can do" attitude
- To have experience at a supervisory or senior level (For senior SW post)
- This role will include weekends and evening work, therefore flexibility is required alongside the ability to work on a rota system.
- The home is located outside of the main town, so own transport is desired.
Salary & Benefits:
A competitive salary - Salary will be dependent on your role as Senior (Level 3) OR Residential Support Worker from £20,257 - £24,047. There is opportunity to further progress under each Framework. For this role either 37.5 or 45 hour contracts are available so salary will also vary dependent on your contractual hours.
- DBS cost met by employer
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous holiday allowance
- Online benefits and cashback rewards / Cycle to work scheme / Childcare Vouchers / Pension
Referral Scheme At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 year's experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help. Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone