£8.21 - £9.60 per hour + Pensions, Overtime Payments
7 months ago
3 Months +
Job Title: Support Worker
Industry: Social Care - Adults with Learning Disabilities
Salary: £8.21 - £9.60 per hour
Hours: 37.5 per week, with the addition of one sleep in duty
Car Driver: Required
- Would you like to start your day knowing that you will make a positive difference to someone's life?
- Are you able to help those with autism, learning disabilities, and complex needs live an ordinary life in their local communities?
- Would you like to work for one of the largest not-for-profit companies in care?
Vetro recruitment are seeking committed support workers to assist with the care of vulnerable adults in the Eastleigh area of Southampton.
Promoting independence and enabling adults to live as independently as possible could be your new role.
Job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Supporting clients within the residential home
- Assisting with meal preparation
- Supporting clients within day groups and social activities
- Assisting with Personal Care and hygiene tasks
- Encouraging client's independence
- Helping with general housekeeping
- Dealing with challenging behaviours
The successful candidates will be/ have:
- Patient, inspiring and caring
- Confident working with those with additional needs, autism, learning disabilities, and challenging behaviours.
- Happy to undertake personal care needs with dignity of the individual
- Resilient and able to work proactively with challenging behaviour
- Excellent observational skills
- Problem-solving and the ability to think creativity
- Individuals who value diversity, health and safety, and are committed to safe working practices
- Available for a full-time role, working on a shift basis and becoming a permanent member of staff.
- Hold a full UK driving license
- Weekly payroll
- £250 Refer a friend scheme
- Dedicated consultant
- Career progression opportunities
- Employer Contribution Pension scheme
- 24-hour access to online training
What happens next:
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply Online". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.