£8.21 - £9.60 per hour + Pension, Weekly Pay
3 months ago
Job Title: Support Worker
Industry: Social Care - Adults with Learning Disabilities
Salary: £8.21 - £9.60 per hour
Hours: 37.5 per week + up to 1 sleep in duty
Car Driver: Required
- Are you able to help those with autism, learning disabilities, and complex needs live an ordinary life in their local communities?
- Would you like to start your day knowing that you will make a positive difference to someone's life?
- Are you able to support those with emotional and challenging behaviors?
Vetro recruitment are seeking committed support workers to assist with the care of vulnerable adults in the Eastleigh area of Southampton.
Promoting independence and enabling adults to live as independently as possible could be your new role!
We currently have full-time contracts available in Eastleigh and Chandlers Ford for Support Workers. You will be working across two supported living homes for adults with learning disabilities and additional needs. The Residents can display challenging behaviors at times, but full training can be provided. You may be required to complete 1 sleep- in duty per week with this role.
Car drivers are essential for our Full-time Eastleigh position. (Shift work on an as and when basis is also available - please enquire)
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Support clients within the residential home
- Support clients into the community
- Assist with meal preparation
- Assist with personal care and hygiene duties
- Handle cash
- Complete domestic duties such as cooking and cleaning
- Support emotional and/or challenging behaviors
- Deal with challenging behaviours
- Administer Medication (Training will be provided)
- Ensure the safety of all residents at all times.
The successful candidates will be/ have:
- Patient, inspiring and caring
- Confident working with those with additional needs, autism, learning disabilities, and challenging behaviours.
- Happy to undertake personal care requirements ensuring the dignity of the individual
- Resilient and able to work proactively with challenging behaviours
- Excellent observational skills
- Problem-solving and the ability to think creativity
- Individuals who value diversity, health, and safety, and are committed to safe working practices
- Available for a full-time role, working on a shift basis with the potential of a permanent role - if desired.
- Hold a full UK driving license
- Weekly payroll
- Up to £250 Refer a friend scheme
- Dedicated consultant
- Career progression opportunities
- Employer Contribution Pension scheme
- 24-hour access to online training
What happens next:
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply Online". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and run through your experience and job preferences!
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.