£8.21 - £9.60 per hour + Pension, Weekly Pay
5 days ago
Job Title: Support Worker
Industry: Social Care - Adults with learning disabilities
Salary: £8.21 -9.60
Hours: Ad Hoc across Monday - Sunday
Location: Netley Abbey area of Southampton
Car Driver: Desirable
Vetro recruitment are seeking an experienced support worker in the Netley Abbey area of Southampton!
Our client has several hours available across Monday - Sunday and can offer hours that suit your availability. Shift patterns may vary, but are based around an early shift of (approximately) 7 am-2.30 pm and late shifts of (approximately) 2 pm-10.00 pm. Waking night shifts are also available on an as-and-when basis to cover staff sickness and holiday.
Your role will be supporting four adults with both physical and learning disabilities, as well as emotional needs. Some challenging behaviours (classed as mild and verbal only) may be present at times.
The successful candidate will need to be able to
- Support clients within the residential home, as well as in the community.
- Assist with domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning,
- Assist with personal care and hygiene duties.
- Administer Medication (full training will be given where appropriate)
- Accompany residents to lunch trips, church, the bank, coffee outings, and day services
- Assist with de-escalation of any behaviours that may show
- Provide physical and emotional support.
- Weekly payroll
- Holiday entitlement
- Up to £250 Refer a friend scheme*
- Dedicated consultant
- Career progression opportunities
- Employer Contribution Pension scheme
- Practical Training
- 24-hour access to online training
- Flexible shifts - weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Possibility of Temp to perm vacancies
What happens next?
If you are interested in this position, please apply now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail.
- Roles are subject to an enhanced DBS check unless you hold a current DBS on the update service.
- Roles are subject to satisfactory references being received.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.