New Milton, Hampshire
£8.21 - £9.60 per hour + Pension, Weekly Pay
3 months ago
Ad-Hoc Support Workers needed!
Industry: Social Care - Adults with learning disabilities
Salary: £8.21 - £9.60
Hours: Ad Hoc
Location: New Milton area
Car Driver: Essential
- Would you like to work in a small supported living service in New Milton?
- Are you a fun-loving individual?
- Are you looking for career progression with full training and multiple benefits?
Vetro Recruitment are looking for "ad hoc" support workers to work with three non-verbal residents in the New Milton area. Permanent vacancies are potentially available.
A fun-loving applicant is vital for this role, as all of the residents have a fantastic sense of humour! The residents enjoy going out into the community and using their mobility vehicles, so a car driver is essential for this role.
Hours are based on early shifts from 7 am - 2.30 pm and late shifts of 2.30 - 10 pm. Mid shifts may be available where needed.
What do we need from the successful candidate?
- Be able to assist the residents when accessing the community and within their daily living tasks
- Assist with daily independence skills
- Be able and willing to assist with personal care to individuals
- Assist with mobility
- Assist with meal preparation
- Assist with medication
- Assist with all areas of personal, emotional, and social care
- Proactively work with challenging behaviour
- Be able to problem-solve and think creatively
- Be able to follow residents personal and specific support plans
- Flexible in their working approach and able to adapt to the needs of the resident in their care
- A strong team player, confident and motivated with a willing attitude and approach to encourage and support the service users in your care
- To value diversity, health, and safety, and to be committed to safe working practices
- A great sense of humour!
This is a brilliant opportunity for anyone looking for progression.
We are able to offer full training to suitable applicants alongside an outstanding progression scheme.
Benefits include (but are not restricted to):
- Weekly payroll
- Holiday entitlement
- Up to £250 Refer a friend scheme*
- Dedicated consultant
- Career progression opportunities
- Employer Contribution Pension scheme
- Practical Training
- 24-hour access to online training
- Flexible shifts - weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Possibility of Temp to perm vacancies
Please apply now for the chance to start immediately!! (Pending your compliance checks)
You will have the opportunity to meet with the management team, staff members and the residents so you can get a feel for the home and the needs of the residents.
What happens next:
If this position sounds of interest, please apply now. One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail.
- Roles are subject to an enhanced DBS check at a cost of £47.50 (unless you hold a current enhanced DBS on the update service).
- Online training needs to be completed before your start date
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.