Blaenau Gwent, Wales
£10.09 - £15.13 per hour
17 days ago
Location: Ebbw Vale
Job type: Temporary
Salary: £10.09 - £15.13 per hour (inclusive of holiday pay)
Shifts available: A variety of mornings and evenings, weekdays and weekends (you must have flexibility on working both mornings and evenings due to client requirements)
PLEASE NOTE, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO CONSIDER APPLICANTS WITH A FULL UK DRIVING LICENCE DUE TO THE RESPONSIBILITIES WHILE ON SHIFT AND YOU MUST IDEALLY ALSO HOLD BUSINESS INSURANCE FOR EVENING SHIFTS
Vetro Recruitment are currently looking for Support Workers to work in our client's service for adults with Autism and additional needs. You will be supporting three females in a small home as part of a lovely team of Support Workers.
Due to the needs of the adults at the home, successful candidates must have a minimum of 6 months experience supporting vulnerable adults and complete a small training portfolio including Moving and Handling training which is free of charge.
This is a bank Support Worker job which will mean you are offered work on a week by week basis and have the chance to work as many or as few shifts as you like. This is a great way to add some variety to your working week and gain experience in a variety of different settings! We support a whole range of clients across Cardiff and the Vale, Newport, Torfaen, RCT and Blaenau Gwent.
Main Responsibilities as a Support Worker:
Your duties will vary and be personalised to the needs of each service user but will include:
- Assisting with daily living skills and teaching of independent life skills
- Supporting individuals to maintain and develop their independence
- Encouraging and supporting with social activities in the community
- Creating opportunities for individuals to build relationships and grow their social network
- Assisting with general housekeeping and meal preparation
- Supporting challenging behaviours
- Assisting with personal hygiene care
- Manual Handling may be required
Due to the needs of the adults at the home, successful candidates must have a minimum of 6 months experience supporting vulnerable adults or a similar client group. You should have a good understanding of the needs of adults with Autism and be passionate about the work you do to support some of the most vulnerable people within our society.
- Work with an award winning agency (Recruitment Agency of The Year 2018 and Fast Growth 50 Winner 2019)
- Flexibility to pick up shifts when and where you want
- Choice of working across our three divisions (Care, Education and Nursing)
- Weekly pay and online services to access payslips
- A dedicated consultant who will focus on securing regular work for you each week
- Access to free training courses and support with professional development
- 24 hour on call service
If you're ready to apply, perfect! Send your CV to start a quick and easy registration. Not quite ready or have some questions? Feel free to call on 02921 660880 for a chat about the opportunities we have available!
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.