£9.50 - £10.5 per hour + fantastic training and long term progression!
8 months ago
Discover your strengths and express who you are while truly making a difference to people's lives.
If you've got bags of energy and want to make a difference, we've got a great job for you - right at the heart of a growing charity.
Hourly rate: £9.50 per hour plus enhancements for overtime
Contract: Permanent, full time contract, working on a fixed rota (shifts fall between the hours of 7am-10pm) including alternate weekends.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fantastic charity supporting individuals with Autism (including those with Asperger syndrome) and behaviours that challenge.
The ultimate goal is to support these individuals in achieving their full potential - to build on their current skills, engage in activities and live full and happy lives.
**Due to the activities and the location of the site, it is essential that you have a full drivers licence and a car**
What you will do as a Support Worker:
- Ensure high standards of person-centred care which involves supporting activities in the home and encouraged to participate fully in the local community
- Developing independence and life skills, as well as supporting personal care
- All we ask is that you possess amazing communication skills and the ability to relate well and motivate others
- Due to challenging aspects of the role, emotional resilience, flexibility and a calm nature is also key
What you will receive in return …
- Ensuring your talents, special skills and training needs are identified, this is an organisation where everyone has the opportunity to learn and develop at their own speed whilst achieving their goals
- Offering a fantastic full 12 month induction and training programme and learning and development opportunities, including your care certificate & diploma in Health & Social Care
- Regular one to ones, annual appraisals, be allocated a peer buddy & assigned a learning mentor
- 33 days' annual leave pro-rata (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme / free employee assistance programme, available 24/7
**Interviews are being held throughout February, with a view to starting work in March**
To be considered for this role, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
Here are some of the latest comments from candidates we have recently supported through the recruitment process and secure permanent employment ..
"My point of contact, Lyndsay, was fantastic and successful in helping me secure a role which suits my current career goals. I highly recommend Vetro recruitment as they really show they care through their excellent approachability and assistance" - Katrina
"Vetro recruitment have provided outstanding support towards my career journey, and in particular Lyndsay, about whom, I can only think of positive words to say. Whilst granting me with an array of opportunities she has allowed me to believe what I can achieve, and I have significantly grown in confidence throughout the recruitment process, all thanks to her outstanding and continuous support whenever it is needed" - Megan
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.