Up to £8.71 per hour
8 months ago
We need Support Workers to be part of an AMAZING team in Burnham-On-Sea.
Are you an experienced carer OR support worker, or simply looking for a truly rewarding challenge, or both?
... We've got just the job for you!
- Do you have a naturally positive attitude to life with a desire to support people?
- Or do you already have a job in the care sector or have supported a friend/family member but looking for a new challenge?
- Are you a Support Worker looking to work for one of the UK's leading providers of support for people with learning disabilities, autism and associated needs, who empower people they support alongside their teams to continually achieve.
This is an exciting time to join an organisation who provide absolute certainty and predictability, ensuring people they support have stability in their lives. Where staff are also a valued asset and passionate about helping people not just to have a job but to have a career. You don't need experience of support work or any special qualifications for this job - you'll get plenty of training along the way. Having the right values and wanting to make a difference to enable people to live a more fulfilling and independent life is what matters most.
Hourly rate: £8.71 per hour + enhancements
Contract: Permanent, full time contract (37.5hrs), part time (16hrs) working on a fixed rota including alternate weekends.
What you will do as a Support Worker:
- Achieve personal goals, to plan and engage in activities, which could include holidays, social events, religious and sporting activities, education and employment.
- Maintain the general health, well-being and emotional needs of the people supported.
- Increase independence & encourage individuals to access a range of opportunities and experiences.
- Supporting the individuals to keep in contact with family and friends, and to participate in social and community activities including annual holiday and professional networks.
What you will receive in return..
- Huge career development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction, full training and support along the way - gain a fully funded Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care whilst earning!
- Double time on public holidays.
- The option to increase your earnings with overtime.
- Fully paid training and DBS check.
- A pension scheme.
- Online discount scheme.
**Interviews are being held throughout February, with a view to starting work in March**
To be considered for this role, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
Here are some of the latest comments from candidates we have recently supported through the recruitment process to secure the next step in their career in Care...
"Lyndsay provided excellent support throughout the process. Kept me up to date, throughout the whole process Lyndsay was a phone call away and always ready to talk." - Saadia
"I would like to thank the Vetro Recruitment staff who helped me with applying for a new job. I received information about lots of potential vacancies and specific details on recommended posts. I was very impressed by the very rapid response to my emails and phone calls with interviews and meetings arranged promptly. Staff clearly rang and emailed contacts to follow up interviews and meetings for me then replied to me immediately. I was provided with clear information and suggestions of interview questions which was particularly useful." - Judith
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.