£8.21 - £9.21 per hour + additional pay for bank holidays
22 days ago
Are you passionate about making a difference within the lives of the clients you are supporting?
Would you enjoy flexible working hours offered on a week by week basis?
If the answer to these questions is YES we would love to hear from you!
We are currently seeking support workers to work within our small and friendly supported living home in Portsmouth. Your role would involve working within our supported living home with adults with learning difficulties, challenging behaviours, physical disabilities and complex needs. You will be rewarded with an hourly rate between £8.21 and £9.15 per hour.
Salary and Hours
- The hourly rate is up to £9.15 / hour.
- This is a bank support work job; meaning you are offered work on a week by week basis.
- You can work as many or as few shifts as you wish.
- We currently have up to full time hours available each week.
- The shift times are 7am- 2pm, 2.30pm til 10pm or waking nights 10pm til 7am.
- Please only apply if your availability falls within the shift times above.
Responsibilities of the role
- This job will involve working with adults with learning difficulties
- One to one work is part of this job
- Helping residents to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
- Personal care assistance and medication prompting.
- Dealing with challenging behaviours.
- Working in a supportive, friendly home where ongoing training is offered.
- Working for a company who is passionate about the quality of the care they provide.
- Access to permanent jobs.
- Weekly payroll
- Enhancements for bank holidays
- 24 hour access to FREE online training
- Up to £250 refer a friend scheme
- Dedicated consultant
- Employee contribution pension scheme
- Practical training.
- You will be looking for flexible hours and able to commit to the shift times outlined.
- You must have a willing and resilient attitude to the work you do.
- Personal or professional experience is advantageous.
- If you do not have a DBS on the update service you will need to pay for a new one to be processed. This is a cost of £47.50.
This job would suit someone looking for full time flexible hours, but would also suit someone looking for additional hours alongside a second job; a student or someone looking to gain more experience within this field before starting a more full time job.
If you feel you have the skills and experience suited to this role please click apply! Alternatively feel free to give Faye a call directly for more information - 07469854010.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help. www.vetrorecruitment.co.uk
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone. Please like @Vetrorecruitment for all our latest jobs and industry news