Wigan, Greater Manchester
£20000 - £22000 per annum + overtime and pension
10 days ago
Support Workers required to join an established social care organisation, specifically to work in their specialist secure services, based just outside of Wigan, Lancashire
We are recruiting into 2 servcies -
- Child Care Workers - Wigan - 24 hour rota basis - 39 hour week
- Child Care Worker - St Helens - 38 hour week available. Both services support young people, aged 7-19 who have EBD, MH and/or challenging behaviours.
The service in Wigan is a home for boys 7 to 19 with emotional behaviour difficulties and mental health needs providing specialist therapeutic residential support - with education.
The service in St Helens is a secure setting with education for young people aged 10 to 18 years. It consists of two six bedded secure units, one of which is female only.
- To deliver the best possible outcomes for the young people in your care, within a caring, homely environment.
- Promote relationships between staff, young people and the community
- To work closely with the Manager to ensure the service is managed efficiently, meeting OFSTED standards.
£20000 - £22000
- Experience working in Children's Residential services is not essential - we will accept applicants from support workers who have experience with adults with challenging behaviours as extensive training is given for these roles.
- Possessing the Level 3 Diploma in the Children and Young People's Workforce or equivalent is desirable.
If this sounds like something you are interested, click apply! Or refer a friend for up to £250!!