Wigan, Greater Manchester
£20000 - £22000 per annum + overtime and pension
7 months ago
Support Workers required to join an established social care organisation, specifically to work in their specialist secure services, based just outside of Wigan, Lancashire
We are recruiting into 2 servcies -
- Child Care Workers - Wigan - 24 hour rota basis - 39 hour week
- Child Care Worker - St Helens - 38 hour week available. Both services support young people, aged 7-19 who have EBD, MH and/or challenging behaviours.
The service in Wigan is a home for boys 7 to 19 with emotional behaviour difficulties and mental health needs providing specialist therapeutic residential support - with education.
The service in St Helens is a secure setting with education for young people aged 10 to 18 years. It consists of two six bedded secure units, one of which is female only.
- To deliver the best possible outcomes for the young people in your care, within a caring, homely environment.
- Promote relationships between staff, young people and the community
- To work closely with the Manager to ensure the service is managed efficiently, meeting OFSTED standards.
£20000 - £22000
- Experience working in Children's Residential services is not essential - we will accept applicants from support workers who have experience with adults with challenging behaviours as extensive training is given for these roles.
- Possessing the Level 3 Diploma in the Children and Young People's Workforce or equivalent is desirable.
If this sounds like something you are interested, click apply! Or refer a friend for up to £250!!