£10.48 - £12.11 per hour
6 months ago
- Location: Highbridge
- Opportunities available: Flexible shifts available as well as 37.5 permanent and temporary contracts
- Pay: £10.48 - £12.11 per hour
As a Support Worker, you will support the individuals in day-to-day life but also in visits to the local cinema, swimming pool, shops and the beach. The service also organises regular excursions to the larger towns of Taunton and Weston-Super-Mare to encourage independence and interaction with the local community. The services allow adults with Autism to enjoy the independence of their own room and use of the communal house for meals and activities including music and art projects. The day centre offers service users the opportunity to do activities such as woodwork, gardening and arts and crafts.
Adults within the service often have difficulties with communication and in some cases are non-verbal. Some may also have mobility issues or physical impairments, so experience in a similar setting would be preferred but not mandatory, and there may be some levels of personal care involved.
- A passion for supporting vulnerable adults
- 6 months paid experience as a Support Worker or in a similar role is preferred but not essential
- Full UK driving licence preferred due to remote location
- Full training is provided via the client and the agency
Please get in touch to start a quick and easy application! We can't wait to hear from you!
- Work with the "Recruitment Agency of the Year 2018" (Regional Awards)
- Free online training
- Weekly pay
- £50 to £250 Love2Shop referral scheme
- Employee of the month scheme
- CV writing support and career advice
- Quick registration (including online Enhanced DBS check)
- 24/7 support from our dedicated team of recruitment consultants
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. We recruit Support Workers, Nurses, Teachers, Teaching Assistants and Health Care Assistants.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.