Hedge End, Hampshire
£21000 - £23000 per annum + Depending on experience
26 days ago
Vetro Recruitment are seeking support workers for a full time, permanent vacancy within a residential children's home in Hedge End- Southampton.
You will be working with young people with challenging behaviours.
Your duties will include:
- Responsible to the Home Manager for the direct day to day care of the young people and to undertake other supportive tasks and duties.
- To ensure that procedures are followed to ensure that shifts are planned effectively, and full record of paperwork are completed in relation to the needs of the young people and the capabilities of the staff.
- To contribute to the development of the young people through the provision of a healthy life style.
- To promote and provide a variety of appropriate, stimulating activities and a consistent and caring adult model.
- To be alert to signs of distress or abuse and to ensure that the young people are monitored and protected to have their needs met.
- To be sensitive to the needs of individual young people, taking account of disability, race, culture, language, religion and sexuality.
- To engage, communicate, talk and listen to the young people. To observes their behaviour and record significant features.
- To maintain, promote and encourage, where appropriate, young people's links and contact with their own families and friends
- To contribute to care planning and the implementation of these plans
- To participate in reviews and meetings required and prepare young people for these meetings
- To provide additional support and comfort to young people under stress
- To use relative strategies to control the behaviour of young people who are unable to manage their own behaviour
- To transport young people to school, afterschool/weekend activities and meetings
- To support the undertaking of risk assessments and implement stay Safe strategies.
- To lead, delegate and share in the practical activities necessary to maintain the home.
- To set and ensure high standards in home-making including food preparation.
- To care for the fabric, equipment and grounds.
- To be accountable for monies allocated for specific purposes and efficient records kept.
This role includes earlies, lates and sleep in shifts including weekends. Please only apply if you have this flexibility.
Care drivers are required for this role to transport the young people.
In return, the client can offer benefits such as:
- A competitive salary of between £18,000-£23,000
- Company pension scheme
- Desirable annual leave package
- Childcare vouchers,
- Employee Assistant program,
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Job Type: Full-time