£15210 - £17901 per annum + £35 per sleep in
19 days ago
We are currently recruiting for full-time and permanent Support Workers to join an Adults Residential Service in Herefordshire.
You would be supporting vulnerable adults aged 18+ with severe Learning Difficulties, Autism, challenging behaviour, Mental Health and complex needs within a residential setting.
Salary: £15,210 - £17,901 per year depending on experience and qualifications.
Hours: 37.5 hours a week with some sleep ins - 52 weeks of the year.
*** Mileage Allowance to all Support Workers who live 20 miles and above ***
About the Organisation:
The organisation provides locally based specialist education, care and community support for the most complex, vulnerable and hard to place young people and adults. Their services work with people with Autism, mild to severe learning difficulties, mental health and challenging behaviour and are shaped to meet the changing needs of people as they move from childhood to adulthood and beyond.
The Role and Responsibilities:
- To support the personalised development of each Resident.
- To ensure a high standard of personal care for each Resident, including matters of physical well-being and personal hygiene.
- To be aware of the emotional needs and aspirations of each Resident and provide opportunities for appropriate emotional expression.
- To accept Key Worker responsibility for individual residents.
- To attend staff meetings and seminars and individual support and supervision meetings with Managers.
- To initiate day time activities including training and therapy in conjunction with the daily programme agreed with the Activity and Training Co-ordinators.
- To support other members of the site in their therapeutic/developmental work.
- To undertake any training identified as necessary in order to carry out the role effectively.
- To ensure the safety of Residents at all times.
- Must be a car driver due to the rural location of the sites.
- Must be 21 years or over with 2 years driving experience.
- Must be willing to do some personal care with some residents.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.