£18278 - £19278 per annum + full training & career progression
19 days ago
Find your place and help change lives.
Have you got the motivation to support adults with learning disabilities to live the best life possible?
We've got a great job for you! - right at the heart of a growing charity. With no professional experience required we are looking for exceptional individuals to join a well-established organisation who support adults with Autism, including those with Asperger syndrome, and behaviours that challenge.
Hourly rate: £9.50 per hour plus enhancements for overtime
Contract: Permanent, full time contract, working on a fixed rota (shifts fall between the hours of 7am - 10pm) including alternate weekends.
Responsibilities as a Support Worker:
- Ensure high standards of person-centred care which involves supporting activities in the home and encouraged to participate fully in the local community.
- Developing independence and life skills, as well as supporting personal care
- All we ask is that you possess amazing communication skills and the ability to relate well and motivate others.
- Due to challenging aspects of the role, emotional resilience, flexibility and a calm nature is also key.
What you will receive in return …
- This is an organisation where everyone has the opportunity to learn and develop at their own speed whilst achieving their goals. Offering a fantastic a full 12 month induction and training programme and learning and development opportunities, including your care certificate & a diploma in Adult Care.
- Regular one to ones, annual appraisals, be allocated a peer buddy & assigned a learning mentor.
- Pension scheme
- 33 days' annual leave pro-rata (including bank holidays)
- discounts on high street and online shopping
- free employee assistance programme, available 24/7
If this sounds like something you are interested, click apply! Or refer a friend for up to £250!!
**Interviews are being held throughout February, with a view to starting work in March**
To be considered for this role, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
Here are some of our recent comments from candidates we have recently supported through the recruitment process to secure the next step in their career in Care...
"Lyndsay provided excellent support throughout the process. Kept me up to date, throughout the whole process Lyndsay was a phone call away and always ready to talk." - Saadia
"I would like to thank the Vetro Recruitment staff who helped me with applying for a new job. I received information about lots of potential vacancies and specific details on recommended posts. I was very impressed by the very rapid response to my emails and phone calls with interviews and meetings arranged promptly. Staff clearly rang and emailed contacts to follow up interviews and meetings for me then replied to me immediately. I was provided with clear information and suggestions of interview questions which was particularly useful." - Judith
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.