£15814 - £16594 per annum
3 months ago
*** NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED ***
We are recruiting for Support Workers to join an Adults Residential Service for Adults with Autism in Bridgwater.
- Location: Bridgwater
- Salary: £15,814 - £16,594 a year
- Hours: 37.5 a week - weekdays and weekends
Vetro Recruitment are currently looking for Support Workers in Bridgwater. We are working alongside a support service for Adults with Autism and other complex needs and have a large requirement for permanent and full-time staff.
The service consists of 40 Independent Living flats set within the same grounds, with five or six service users supported at each house, all between the ages of 18 and 45 years old. The houses will be split into a mix of independent flats, en-suite bedrooms and communal spaces, with a large garden space.
Each service user will have a personalised bedroom, their own care plan, and daily activities will include going out into the community, gardening, and staying as active as possible, dependent on the service users needs.
You will join an experienced staff team who put the service users at the heart of all actions. The service is looking for someone to join them for temporary shift cover who has the same values and ethos.
As a Support Worker you will be responsible for the following:
- Encouraging independence and supporting individuals to make their own choices.
- Ensuring the safety of the service users.
- Following care plans for each individual.
- Taking service users out in to the community.
- Participating in activities such as arts, crafts, gardening and day trips.
- Varying levels of personal care.
- No experience required.
- Our services operate 24/7, so you will be required to work shifts on a rota basis, hours vary varied from service to service but are typically between 07:00 - 22:30 you will be notified a minimum of two weeks in advance.
- You will be required to work a proportion of weekends and cover sleeping in and on calls.
- Due to operational requirements we are unable to provide school hour shift patterns.
- We may also be unable to accommodate non-drivers and/or non swimmers. However, this is dependent on operational requirements at the time of application and is reviewed on a regular basis.
- 28 days Holiday (including bank holidays).
- Free Training.
- £50 Love2Shop referral scheme.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.