£15670 - £16670 per annum
24 days ago
Alexandra Watts RGN
We have a fantastic opportunity for enthusiastic and motivated individuals for Support Worker roles, to join a large company who provide residential care to adults with learning difficulties around the UK.
The home is an 11 bedded detached house and provide care for adults with moderate learning disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder and may sometimes display behaviours that challenge the service.
The home is based in Denstone, a beautiful rural location in the Uttoxeter area.
Salary & Hours
8am - 3pm and 3pm - 10pm
35 hours per week
In your new role as a Support Worker you will be an advocate for each of the service users needs and keep them safe with a fundamental contribution to their care. This will involve skill development problem solving, risk assessment whilst being aware of their capabilities.
- To be personally accountable for the standard of your practice
- Your most significant contribution is of a professional carer whilst taking a person-centred approach in providing high quality care.
- Support the personalised development of each service user / tenant, recognising talent, sensitivities and beliefs, respecting dignity and individuality and providing the individual with choice and control.
- Working as a part of a team in addition to taking on a flexible approach to your work.
- Encourage and support the service users with all of their daily living needs in line with their individual care plan.
- A full UK driving licence is preferable but not essential
- Applicants should be a minimum age of 21 due to the needs of the service users
- Ability and willingness to provide personal care to service users.
- Flexibility for the shift pattern above.
- Paid DBS
- Salary scale/progression
- Life insurance & Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail rewards & savings
- Long service awards
If you you would like more information please get in touch with me Alex on 029 21 660 880 or you can apply via this job ad. Alternatively, send your CV directly .
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 100 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.