*FULL OR PART-TIME HOURS AVAILABLE*
*TRANSFERABLE CARE EXPERIENCE CONSIDERED*
We have a fantastic opportunity for learning difficulties support workers to join one of our client’s services in the Yeovil area. You will be supporting adults with a range of needs, including learning difficulties.
If you are enthusiastic, resilient, and motivated, wanting to make a difference in the lives of adults with learning difficulties, we would love to hear from you.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and dedicated Support Workers to help support adults with learning difficulties with our prestigious client, based in Yeovil.
Joining as a Support Worker, you will be responsible for providing full care to the service users within a specialist residential setting, including assisting them with everyday tasks - such as personal care - and helping with duties required, as per their care plans. You will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team to provide a person-centred approach to care and support for the service users.
You should already have experience working with individuals with learning difficulties, and have the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues, service users and other stakeholders. You will also be able to work in a flexible manner, have excellent organisational skills and lead activities with service users.
This role will be based in Yeovil and comes with an hourly rate up to £11.09 per hour (inclusive of holiday pay).
This is an urgent requirement, so please get in touch, today. Apply now with a copy of your CV for consideration and a member of our team will be in touch with you, straight away.
Job Type: Support Worker - Adults with Learning Difficulties
Shifts: Earlies and lates available
Pay: £11.09 per hour(inclusive of holiday pay)
About the role and service:
As a support worker, you’ll be helping people you support to live the individual life they want, ensuring they have choice and control over the planning and delivery of their support.
- Being a positive role model to the service users and encourage them to make positive choices.
- Person centred approach. Proactive in encouraging service user to engage full with support staff and other stakeholders such as health care professionals
- Supporting and encouraging people to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure, and enable them to take part in these opportunities.
- Mentoring service users to live as independently as possible, while taking a full part in all activities and therapeutic services, offered.
- Working in a supportive manner with colleagues, families and external parties, building trust by being open and honest.
- Supporting, encouraging and teaching service users viable life skills to aid reintegration into their communities.
- Committed to equal opportunities for all
- Excellent Rates of pay, weekly pay, and not Umbrella so no payroll charges.
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs. Shifts are scheduled and booked via Shift App either week by week or block booking.
- 24-hour support line from Vetro Care
- On-Going Training and Personal Development
- 121 personal relationship with Consultant, experienced in frontline social care
- Agency worker of the month award
- Entry into our quarterly Golden Ticket to win £500
- 24-hour registration (Online Enhanced DBS)
- Choice of Holiday Pay paid or Accrued
- Contributed Pension
- Ideally, 3 months of experience working in a similar care setting but any care-related experience considered.
- Right to work in the UK
- Full valid UK driving licence(maximum 6 points) and own transport due to the location.
- Completion of our online application pack
- DBS on the update service a big advantage
If you’re looking for flexible hours and a challenging yet rewarding role where no day is the same then apply now! Click APPLY and a member of the team will be in touch. Alternatively, call: 0117 3133361 or send your CV to: email@example.com