Up to £9.53 per hour + weekly pay!
2 months ago
Are you a Support Worker who wants to make a real difference to the lives of Adults with Autism? If so, we have work for you!
- Location: Trowbridge
- Shifts available: Days and waking nights (8am - 8pm / 8pm - 8am)
- Pay: £9.53 p/h for day shifts and £10.42 p/h for waking nights (inclusive of holiday)
Vetro Recruitment are currently looking for Support Workers in Trowbridge. We are working alongside a support service for adults with Autism and other complex needs and have a large requirement for temporary staff to cover shifts. Although day shifts are available, most shifts currently available are waking nights from 8pm to 8am.
The service consists of three residential homes set within the same grounds, with five or six service users supported at each house, all between the ages of 18 and 45 years old. The houses will be split into a mix of independent flats, en-suite bedrooms and communal spaces, with a large garden space.
Each service user will have a personalised bedroom, their own care plan, and daily activities will include going out into the community, gardening, and staying as active as possible, dependent on the service users needs.
You will join an experienced staff team who put the service users' at the heart of all actions. The service is looking for someone to join them for temporary shift cover who has the same values and ethos.
As a Support Worker you will be responsible for the following:
- Encouraging independence and supporting individuals to make their own choices
- Ensuring the safety of the service users
- Following care plans for each individual
- Taking service users out in to the community
- Participating in activities such as arts, crafts, gardening and day trips
- Varying levels of personal care
- Minimum 6 months experience supporting adults with Autism or Learning Disabilities
- Experience of working with challenging behaviour
- PBM training or an equivalent training course preferred
- 28 days Holiday (including bank holidays)
- Free Training
- Weekly pay
- Choose your shifts using Vetro's very own shift booking app
- £50 Love2Shop referral scheme
- Employee of the month scheme
- CV writing support and career advice
- Quick registration (including online Enhanced DBS check)
- 24/7 support from our dedicated team of recruitment consultants
Vetro Recruitment offer free training through Interactive Healthcare for any candidates who do not have full up to date training, including First Aid Awareness, Safeguarding, Epilepsy Awareness and many more.
We can offer a variety of shifts, although we have a large requirement for waking night cover. Please get in touch with Rachel on 02921 660880 to start a quick and easy application! We can't wait to hear from you!
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.