Up to £20,000 per annum
We are looking for positive and caring support workers to join our teams working in the Preston area. Based within 4-6 bed houses working with children ages 6-19 with specific learning needs and Autism.
Whether you have previously had paid or personal experience, this role is perfect for individuals looking to develop their careers within Children’s residential services.
Role: Children’s Residential Support Worker
Pay: £19,000- £20,000 per annum
Hours: Full time, permanent position
Based within 4-6 bed houses working with children ages 6-19 with specific learning needs and Autism. The children attend a nearby specialist school where you will work alongside in house MDT, CAMHS nursing, speech, language and sensory therapists.
The home is an OFSTED rated OUTSTANDING children's residential care home provider, that provides expert residential, educational, and care for children.
- Providing Personal Care (where required)
- Medication distribution (where required)
- Organise and plan activities personalised to the child’s requirements
- Creating a positive relationship with each individual child
- Ensuring all support and care meets company standards and OFSTED regulations
- Work alongside management staff and senior support workers to develop individualised care plans
- Work within the home, community and specialist residential school
- Ensuring that the well-being and behaviour of the children and young people are maintained and any significant behavioural or physical changes are immediately addressed and reported.
- £10 per hour (pay review)
- 7:30- 16:00 and 15:30-22:00
- Full-time, permanent position
- Paid or personal experience in a similar environment
- General work experience within the care and childcare sector is desirable
- Experience working alongside children with learning difficulties and specific needs, is desirable
- The ability to drive is preferred but not essential.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.